Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Philly We Go


And we're off!

Our annual family vacation - and we're heading east.

Fly to Philly - spend 2 days with family in Philly... then, we check in with Adventures by Disney and spend 2 nights in Philly at the Hyatt Regency at Penn's Landing, touring with Disney seeing all that toury stuff. You know - Ben Franklin, the Bell, Independence Hall - cool.

We then hop on the Disney express and head down to Washington, DC for three nights. We'll stay at the Mayflower, a Renaissance Hotel. We'll ride a bike on the National Mall, go to the Smithsonian, the National Zoo - wave to Obama if he's out and about.

Another hop on the express - spend an afternoon at Mount Vernon - and then head to Williamsburg, VA. Daughter will get to dress up and live like a Colonial - how fun is that? We'll stay at a Great Wolf Lodge there - so we'll get wet. Really wet.

After 2 nights in Williamsburg, our Disney stuff is done and we spend 2 nights with family in Richmond, VA.

This was an ideal vacation for us because it starts and ends in places that we have family in - so we could "bookend" our trip with visits to cousins and such. Also, I liked the fact that it's fun - but secretly educational. Dear Daughter won't even know that she's learning stuff - how cool is that? I also loved it because Disney did all the work - set it all up - and I don't have to be in charge, for once. I've done enough planning this year to last awhile - I wanted a vacation where I just went along for the ride and let someone else do all the pre-planning and reservations. Bliss.

Now I just have to pack. I hate packing. I procrastinate like crazy when it comes to packing. Ugh. You'd think I'd have this down to a science, what with all the trips I take. No. I don't. I don't have it down to a science.

Sigh. I guess I'd better get back to packing.

Peace.

No comments: