Tuesday, August 25, 2009

10 on Tuesday: Awesome Movies


After sitting through what, arguably, was one of the worst movies I have ever seen last Friday, I thought I would dedicate today's "10" list on movies that I think are awesome. Now, having to keep the list to just 10 is difficult - so there are probably some awesome movies that I had to leave off - but that's okay. And this list is in no particular order.

1. "Pulp Fiction" - probably my favorite movie of all time. A little sick - a little twisted - but the dialogue is clever, sharp, and witty. I think this is my favorite John Travolta movie - and I think it's Quentin Tarantino's best movie, ever. This is one of the few movies I can watch over and over and over - and the music is rockin', too.

2. "Better Off Dead" - another movie that's a little sick (a teenager trying, and failing, to commit suicide), but done in such a funny & witty way that I can't help but laugh. My favorite John Cusack movie of all time.

3. "Princess Bride" - when a movie has, "fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, AND miracles", how can it be bad? Love it.

4. "Raising Arizona" - another classic comedy with classic quotable dialogue. The best Nicholas Cage movie ever. And that's saying a lot, as I'm not a Nicholas Cage fan. But, he won me over in this movie.

5. "The Bishop's Wife" - the original movie, with Loretta Young and David Niven - is a classic Christmas movie...but I can watch it any time of the year. It's message is heartwarming; the humor is sharp; and Cary Grant is always easy on the eyes. And Loretta Young is positively luminescent in this film.

6. "The Italian Job" - what a classic thriller - and the scenes in Venice are gorgeous...and the actors are gorgeous, too. A visual delight for the senses.

7. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" - not that I ever skipped school (snort), but what a classic comedy. The message is simple - take some time to stop and smell the roses....

8. "Roman Holiday" - Gregory Peck. Need I say more?

9. "Jezebel" - Bette Davis. Need I say more?

10. "Some Like It Hot" - When you put Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, and Marilyn Monroe together - with Billy Wilder as the director - you can't go wrong. What a classic comedy - and one of the best movie endings, ever.

No comments: