Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Remodeling Blues


The renovations continue.

We're one month into the "extreme home makeover" at the new house...I am hoping that means we're one month closer to getting to move in - but I'm not sure at this point. I do know that Hubby and I are one month closer to a divorce. Just kidding. But something about building or renovating a house will do that to a marriage.

We do have paint on the walls...we have new kitchen cabinets...we have new granite countertops...we have new lighting fixtures...we have new fireplaces...BUT...the list of what remains to be done is still very, very long. It's, unfortunately, longer than the list of what has been completed. That's depressing.

We do have numerous contractors and workmen and decorators and painters trooping in and trooping out of the house each day. That's fun.

We also have numerous bills and receipts and invoices showing up daily. That's not fun.

What we don't have is patience. At least, I don't have it. But - I'm learning. I'm breathing in...and breathing out. And taking it one day at a time. It will all happen when it's supposed to - and one of these days, we'll have the "Reveal" party/open house, where we shout, "Move that bus!!!" and we'll be settled. Or at least, I will be. I'm not sure at this point if Hubby will still be in the picture. I may be living in the new house all by myself.

Kidding.

Enjoy the day today - and remember to breathe.

No comments: