Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10 on Tuesday: Things I Will Never Do


Life is short, and I’m all about being adventurous and trying new things…or continuing to do the things that work for you.

However, there are (at least) ten things I will never do, and I thought I’d devote today’s “10 on Tuesday” to those things that aren’t going to happen:

1. Sky dive. I don’t think any explanation is needed here. I already have a severe phobia of planes – and heights – so I don’t think you’ll see me jumping out of a plane any time soon. Kudos to those who have done this. I salute you.

2. Wear FMP’s. Used to. Not any more. I now wear “sensible” shoes…like Keds. ☺

3. Bungee Jump. It’s just like sky-diving, only with whiplash at the end. That doesn't sound like much fun to me.

4. Get another tattoo. The first one hurt plenty, and it ain't going anywhere. One is enough.

5. Scuba dive. I have an irrational fear of being underwater - I know, it doesn't make sense, which is why I say it's irrational. I admire people who can do this - but it will never be me.

6. Shop at Walmart the day after Thanksgiving. I don’t care WHAT price the flat screen TV is. It would NEVER be worth it to me. I hate crowds.

7. Eat asparagus. Ick. Not in this lifetime.

8. Stop watching football. Just gouge out my eyes the day I quit watching football.

9. Golf. As someone once said, “When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it.”

10. Win an Olympic Gold Medal. Or any Olympic medal, for that fact. Unless they give out Olympic medals for being the best, coolest mom in the world! ☺

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Yes, I agree. It makes no sense to leap from a perfectly good airplane.

2. I'm a tennis shoe/ sandle person myself.

3. Actually bungeed once. And once was ENOUGH!

4. No ink for me, thank you.

5. To scuba/snorkle off Grand Cayman might change your mind.

6. Ahhhh, the evil Wally World. Who doesn't like to steer clear of those places? For any reason. LOL

7. They always told me, "it's good for you". PASS!

8. Especially the Chiefs! Good sleep aid. LOL

9. Golf - Ugh.....

!0. Well, if being good hearted and kind to your fellow man was an Olympic event, you'd get the gold. No question.

RC

KCSherri said...

I don't mind snorkeling - because then I'm on TOP of the water! And I'm breathing REAL air - not "fake" air from a tank! In my mind, there's a big difference - funny, I know! I've swam with the stingrays off of Grand Cayman, which was pretty cool - kissed one, too, for good luck. Ew. Thanks for the comments - I appreciate them!