Thursday, October 22, 2009

HAPPY CAP-LOCK DAY!


YOU PROBABLY THINK I’M SHOUTING AT YOU, BUT I’M NOT. TODAY IS INTERNATIONAL CAPS-LOCK DAY – SO I’M JUST DOING MY PART TO CELEBRATE AND PROMOTE THIS MUCH-MALIGNED BUTTON ON THE KEYBOARD.

Okay, enough of that, because that was like, really annoying. And I’m just the author of this blog – I can’t even imagine how annoying it has to be to you, dear readers. Thinking that I’m sitting here, on my end, all quiet and cozy and peaceful, lounging on my sofa in my warm slippers and fuzzy pajamas, reveling in the total peace and quiet…. and then SUDDENLY SHOUTING AND SCREAMING at you through the internet at your end. Is that just not rude? Not to mention, possibly heart-attack inducing on your end….Geesh.

Seriously, though – it IS (oops, there I go again, sorry) – International Caps Lock Day. (If you don’t believe me (but why would I make this stuff up, as it’s way too funny on its own??!), you can always Google it….) Today is the day we celebrate and pay homage to that little-used and pretty-much-pointless button on the keyboard that can really mess up a password if it’s accidentally turned on when typing said password. Not that I would ever do that – accidentally have my caps-lock button on when typing a password – because the Drama Queen never makes mistakes, as we all know. Ahem. Moving on.

Other than pointing out another (albeit, worthless) holiday that we celebrate during the year, there really is no other point to today’s blog. Well, perhaps it is to remind people to be discreet in their usage of the Caps-Lock key – it if it is overused, it will certainly lose it’s impact – not to mention, it will really become very annoying. And if it lost it’s impact – on top of being even more annoying than it already is – we would have to cancel today’s holiday.

Wouldn’t THAT BE A SHAME??!!!

Peace.

No comments: