Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And The Oscar Goes To....


I won! I won!

My very first blog award – I am SO honored! Yes, I won the very prestigious & highly sought-after “From Me to You” blog award! With my fellow bloggers' assistance, I managed to finally upload a picture of the award right up there! At the top! That big blue thing - that's it!

My award is from one of my favorite bloggers, Elizabeth, at www.confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com. Elizabeth’s blog caught my attention because her blog could have been written by me. I could relate to her experiences – and I just “get” her. I used to be a working mom myself – before I went crazy retired – and so her “confessions” hit close to home. Also – how weird is this? We both knew who Lawrence Tynes is….if YOU know who he is, welcome to a small, exclusive club!

So, please, go check out her adventures and confessions and tell her I sent you!

So, back to the award – which is just FABULOUS! In accepting this honor, I would like to first thank my publisher, “Blogspot,” who made this all possible…and of course, I have to thank my very patient Hubby, who provides me with so much blogging material…and thanks to all of my fans – who give me so much support and criticism and hugs and all that blogger love!

I’m going to put this award right next to my Oscar on my mantel in the new house! It will look SO good next to my Emmy and my Tony…and that “empty” spot you see over there? That’s for the Golden Globe or the People’s Choice Awards – which I’m just SURE are right around the corner! Oh – what’s that you say? You mean it’s not THAT kind of award? What? I don’t get a little miniature golden man statue? I don’t get ANY little statue? Well, that stinks!

Oh, dear readers – I jest. I don’t need a little weird-looking dust collector on my mantel to feel the love…..! All I need is a cute little picture on my blog and I am a happy girl!

So, without further ado, I have to follow the rules that come with this award. Yes, you read that right…this award comes with RULES! How fun is that?! So, in following the rules, I must tell you all 7 things that you don’t know about me.

1. I sleep all curled up in a little ball, totally buried underneath several blankets – I mean, even my head and face are under the covers….I do this to maintain a constant body temperature while I sleep – weird? Perhaps, but it works for me! If my face is out of the covers, then my face is considered “cold” and I will not be able to sleep.

2. I do not like breakfast foods…at all. Eggs? Excrutiating. Pancakes? Puke. Waffles? Even worse! Oatmeal? OMG – gag me. However, knowing that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day, blah, blah, blah” – I would love to eat a S’more Pop Tart every day, but I settle for a Special K breakfast bar. Yummo.

3. In my “real life”, I am famous for being obsessively organized. My clothes are first organized by season, then by type, and then by color. My canned goods are in alphabetical order in my pantry. My CD & DVD collections are in alphabetical order, as well….OCD, perhaps? Yes. I admit it. I own it. I live it.

4. I am a fantastic vacation itinerary planner. You can tell me where you’re going, when you’re going, and for how long – and I can come back with the most FANTASTIC itinerary you’ve ever seen – for a vacation of a lifetime. I usually do it just for my own family – but I’ve been known to do it for friends or extended family who beg. Or offer me chocolate.

5. Some people’s ancestors were Italian…or German…or French…I believe that my ancestors were hobos. I could seriously put a knapsack on a stick, hop on a train, and travel the world.

6. I hate Kate Gosselin. There – I’ve said it. “Jon & Kate Plus 8” should have been off the air a long time ago. I am sick of seeing her on the cover of every magazine I see at the store. Enough – go away already.

7. I am a morning news junkie. Before I even hop into the shower, I’m turning on the TV in my bathroom to the local morning news show – I love traffic, weather and sports. Then, I flip over to “Good Morning, America” for the national news. If I don’t get my daily “fix”, it’s not pretty.

Now, I'm supposed to pass this on to 7 other bloggers - but, in the spirit of NaMoBloPo, (National Blog Posting Month), I'm going to save that part for another day - yes, I'm going to stretch this out to TWO posts! So, check back later and see who I pass the award to....

In the meantime, I'm going to savor the moment and then head over to the after-award parties - I hear Wolfgang Puck throws quite a party after Awards Night....I'll be dodging the paparazzi, of course, so I don't know if you'll get to see my beautiful designer gown I'm wearing....

You'll just have to use your imagination...(and keep in mind I look just like Angelina Jolie. Uh huh.)

Peace.

4 comments:

lacochran said...

Woot! Congrats! Well deserved!

To upload the picture: Save the picture as a .jpg first. Then, when you're in edit mode (where you create/edit your post) there is a little icon of a picture next to the spell check icon... click on that and it will allow you to upload the photo.

Unknown said...

i can only dream of being as organized as you...what a great post!

KCSherri said...

Thanks! And thanks for telling me how to save it - can you tell I'm computer illiterate??!!

Thanks for visiting me today, everyone - I hope you all have a WONDERFUL & blessed day!

Life is good -

Sherri

Jenny said...

I'm sort of afraid to say congratulations - ha! Just kiddin' Fun for you! And cute post.