Saturday, December 26, 2009

Let the Reindeer Games Begin


Poor, poor Rudolf, the Red-Nosed Reindeer…remember how the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names? And how they wouldn’t let him play in any reindeer games?

Well, all I can say is, “run, run Rudolf” – right over to my house, because it’s our Annual Reindeer Games Night!!!! Yes, the night that all of our family and friends look forward to with anticipation – it’s our annual Christmas party of fun and frolic and mischief and letting loose your inhibitions! (I know, I know – pretty much every day of my life is full of fun and frolic and mischief and losing my inhibitions – but this night is for everyone ELSE in my life! What can I say? Life is too darn short to live it any other way, I always say!)

We’ll have games set up all over the Drama Queen’s castle – games that are new – and games that aren’t so new, but will take you back to your childhood….

We have “Operation” in the breakfast/dining area….for those aspiring doctors and surgeons…remember removing the “bread basket” and getting shocked?! And there’s “Kerplunk!” set up in the living room – how many sticks can YOU pull out without making all of the marbles come crashing down, creating the most God-awful racket known to mankind?!?!

In the formal dining room, we have a relatively new game – “Deal Or No Deal” – and although we don’t have Howie hosting it for us, it’s still a lot of fun to see if we have any millionaires going home tonight. And no, we don’t have Super Models standing there in tight, little short dresses holding the briefcases. Sorry. Although hubby sure would have liked to have them – but I put my foot down on that. I said, “No Howie – then no Super Models. A deal is a deal. Or a deal is No deal. Whatever. You know what I mean.” Hubby immediately got on the phone and tried to arrange Howie to fly in to K.C. to host our game, but Howie apparently said, “No deal”, too. Oh well. So - I tried to make a deal with Hubby - I told him that if he'd shave his head and pretend to be Howie, I'd wear a super short tight dress and pretend to be the Super Model with the briefcase. He rolled his eyes, shook his head, and walked away mumbling something....all I heard was, "crazy" and "poor me" - which, I have no idea what he was talking about, but we can only speculate. Ahem. Moving on.

We have “Catch Phrase” set up – for those who aren’t so shy and are very verbose…(don’t look at me when I say that – why does everyone always look at me when “aren’t so shy” and “verbose” are said??!!! I don’t get it…..)

Downstairs, near the bar area – we have the classic “Trouble” – which was always a favorite of mine, as I loved the sound of the “pop-o-matic” button. When I was younger, I would push that button over and over and over and over again – I loved it. I loved the “POP” sound. I can only thank the gaming Gods that my parents didn’t kill me over all that “popping” – but I do remember my mother “popping” a lot of Excedrin back then. Wonder why??

And, of course, we’ve got the pool table set up and ready to go, as well as the slot machine….yes, Trouble In River City – right here at the Drama Queen’s castle.

It’s always a great night to get our family and friends together for Reindeer Games Night – to let go of the holiday stress and just kick back and have some good, old-fashioned fun!

So, Rudolf – you’ve earned a night of frolic – you worked hard the other night, guiding Santa’s sleigh – so come on over and join us and let the festivities begin!

Do you have Reindeer Games Night at your house? Are there games that are classics and take you back to your childhood that you just love to play over and over again? Let me know – I’m always looking for ideas for our next Reindeer Games Night. Now, I'm going to just "run" right over to the bar...ahem...for a chocolate martini.

Peace.

Signature

4 comments:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. If you have time please have a look at my traveling glog which is in Greek and in English. Here

Jenny said...

Sounds like wonderful times! You are such a fun DQ!

The Grounded Drink Lady said...

Awesome idea! Too bad I'm so dang tired from Christmas itself! Now, I'd love it if someone else threw this party!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh you are so fun!! We played catch phrase too!! I always get myself into trouble for blurting out random words, but it's always so much fun! Hope your Christmas was lovely,

Blessings,
LMM