Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Red Ball Review


Who does this sound like?

Chores by day...a ball at night?

If you said "Cinderella", then you are spot-on! If you said "The Drama Queen" - you're even more spot-on!

Yesterday was chore day - do the laundry, pay the bills, clean the house...I somehow managed to squeeze in a fun lunch with 9 girlfriends at a local restaurant - including dessert, yum! - and then time to get ready for the big dance.

Last night was the Red Ball,
an annual fundraiser here in Kansas City for our local chapter of the American Red Cross. We were taking my parents as our guests, and so we all got gussied up and dolled up and then headed downtown to the big event.



Me and my Mom in our red...don't we look fine?!



Us and my folks - before the Ball...


Cocktails...then a fabulous dinner with the most divine chocolate cake...an auction...a program....and the music by Big Bad VooDoo Daddy, a swing band.

Hubby & I at the cocktail party

Don't the tables look fun?

A great evening...and tonight promises to be even better, as we were the LUCKY auction winners of a pair of floor tickets to go see Elton John & Billy Joel - appearing here in KC tonight. Woot! Woot!

The party weekend continues...now, I must go get ready for tonight's Billy Joel/Elton John concert. Time to clean off those glass slippers for another night!

Peace.

Signature

3 comments:

Dual Mom said...

Elton John? Oh my god that is awesome, you'll have so much fun!!!

You guys looked fabulous!

KCSherri said...

Yes, DM - I am SO excited about tonight's show! I've never seen these guys in person - and FLOOR tickets?! Woot!

And thank you! I would have preferred to be in jeans and a t-shirt, but I suffered for a good cause. :) And suffering is not an exaggeration - those shoes killed me. :)

Aunt Juicebox said...

You look so great! Everything looks beautiful. Love the red dress, and the shoes!