Monday, April 26, 2010

My Claim to Fame


My daughter has entered that awkward stage of adolescence where she pretty much is embarrassed by everything that I do. Yes, I am very "uncool" in her eyes - but that's to be expected as the parent of a tween.

However, there is ONE thing that I do that absolutely amazes her every time that she sees it...she will watch me in awe, her eyes round, and she'll say, "How do you DO that?!"

Yes...I have an amazing talent that I am very proud of...my one claim to fame, if you will, that is my one thread of "coolness" in my daughter's eyes.

What is this awesome talent, you ask?

I can...without fail...every single time...always, always, always...catch the "flying shrimp" in my mouth at a Japanese steakhouse.

My friends and family will tell you it's because I have a big mouth, but that's neither here nor there. All I know is, my daughter is always, always, always amazed.

Hey - I'll take whatever I can get at this point. I'm desperate.

Peace.

Signature

4 comments:

Sharon said...

That's awesome. Can you believe with a mouth like mine, I can't do that. Well, not every time anyway.

lacochran said...

We were with family at this style of dining. The cook picked up a shrimp and asked my sister-in-law to open her mouth... wider... wider...

Then he turned to her husband and said, "Lucky man."

Needless to say, we did not go back to this Japanese steakhouse.

Jenny said...

Ha! That is a talent!

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Why is it our kids don't recognize cool when they see it?! I can't even catch a piece of pop corn!