Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Feathered Friends

Birds....

...I am surrounded by them...I can hear them, see them, and almost touch them...hawks, blue jays, wrens, and sparrows...the sparrows are serenading me now as I type this...

...yesterday morning, a blue heron flew in and landed in our yard. I tried to creep closer to take his photo, but this is as close as I could get. If you look closely, you'll see him standing there - surveying his watery kingdom...





...and the ducks and the geese float by, honking at me, as if asking, "Hey, lady! Welcome to the lake! Take OUR picture!"



...and the silly hard-headed robin that keeps bonking into my window every day at 10:24 a.m. visits me once again. It's been a week now, and this stubborn bird has not given up on his determination to join me inside my living room....

As always, I am humbled by the beauty that surrounds me...the creatures that God has created and put into my life.

Peace. It really IS a peaceful day.

Signature

2 comments:

lacochran said...

I'm guessing your robin is seeing his reflection and attacking "the other robin". Consider putting something on the window. We used to put decals up and that was sufficient to ruin the illusion.

Aunt Juicebox said...

Wow, you must see a lot of really cool birds living by the water. We have some mourning doves that I love to hear in the morning, and some cardinals, a few hummingbirds, and a ton of robins and sparrows. lol