Monday, May 3, 2010

Seriously?



One of my favorite movies EVAH is “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” – hey - no laughing; it's a true classic! There are dozens of very clever and witty quotes from that epic cinematic adventure, but one of my favorite exchanges – to this day – is the following:

Buffy is confronting “Amilyn”, a very bad Vampire-dude, who has recently lost an arm.

Amilyn - in his one-armed creepiness....

Amilyn: “We’re immortal, Buffy. We can do anything.”
Buffy: “Oh yeah? Clap.”

OMG, I would roll on the floor every time I watched that little exchange… such a classic.

So...imagine my surprise when I came across the following headline in the newspaper:



Bwahahahaha! Seriously?

This was an actual headline in Tulsa World….and it does make you wonder…how DOES a one-armed man clap??!

Peace.

Signature

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Can't see the 2nd image, but ;) anyway. Buffy, hmmn? Just the movie, or the show, too?

KCSherri said...

I wonder why you can't see the 2nd image? Hmmm... I love the movie - never watched the show...was it good?

Logical Libby said...

And all over the world copy editors laughed at their cleverness...

Kell said...

yes! freaking YES! I LOVED BUFFY! I totally had that cheer memorized that they do in the beginning hahaha. I am so glad someone else shares my passion.

And that article is hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

xo

Unknown said...

That Headline is a real knee slapper!

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

My daughter and I love Buffy's one liners from the TV show...you would get a kick out of them. We can only hope that the headline writer had tongue firmly in cheek with that headline. Sheesh.