Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 2: Photo of a Beach



It's Day 2 of our Summer time Photo Challenge - and today's theme is the beach.

Living in the Midwest - the heartland of the country - I am not exactly close to the beach. Going to the beach necessitates a 2-day drive, or a several-hour flight - not exactly an easy venture. This will soon change, of course, when we move permanently to Florida - but that won't be for another year. Darn it.

Anywho, today's photo challenge is posting a picture taken at the beach. I had lots of photos to choose from, as the beach is a place that I've always liked to visit.

My love for the beach began when I was 17 years old, and spent the summer with my grandpa in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. He lived there (lucky him!), and I was privileged enough to spend some time with him in one of the most beautiful places on earth. We'd spend every day at the beach - Megan's Bay, Brewer's Beach, Trunk Bay in St. John - it was a smorgasboard of beaches.

Through the years, I've visited different beaches in different countries, and although the personalities may be different, they were all beautiful and relaxing and calming...the waves of the ocean can lull me to sleep faster than an Ambien - and that's a wonderful thing!


Taken on a mission trip to Belize 2010


Taken on a cruise in 2007 - a beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico


Me - on the beach on Captiva Island, Florida - Memorial Day 2010.


On the beach in Galveston, TX in 2009 - a "self-portrait". This was a mission trip where we helped rebuild after Hurricane Ike.


Me on the beach in Monterrico, Guatemala in 2007 - after completing another mission trip...this beach consists of black, volcanic sand.


I'm in Hawaii...visiting the beach during a mission trip - 2008



Another mission trip - Jamaica - another beach photo...this time in 2010

I could use a beach today - it's going to be a scorcher here in the Midwest - but no ocean waves for me today....

Peace.

Signature

No comments: