Thursday, June 17, 2010

What's Wrong With This Picture?



It's been in my office now for the last 15 months, and I really never paid close attention to it. Although I've looked at it every single time I've been in my office....

It was there when I inherited the office...and it will probably be there when I bequeath the office to the next Chairman.

I'm thinking about it, because I'm getting ready to head into my Red Cross office - and it will be there, waiting for me. In all of it's weirdness. In all of it's wrongness. In all of it's strangeness.



Can you see it? Do you see what's wrong with this picture? Look at the clock on the wall....

This clock has been at my office for months...I even decorated around it, proudly hanging my Guatemala banner...and not once, until two weeks ago, did I realize that there was something totally off about that clock.

It's a metric clock. Go figure. And it actually tells the time accurately.

I just can't believe it took me 15 months to realize there was something off about that darn clock.

I'm SO observant, it's scary.

Geesh.

Signature

3 comments:

Natasha said...

That sure looks like a normal clock to me. What is a metric clock?

KCSherri said...

It looked normal to me, too, until I realized it didn't have the "11" or "12" on it! I guess it measures time in "10"s...I have no idea how it works, but it's accurate, strangely enough!

Natasha said...

Awesome, I didn't even notice that till you pointed it out to me. Guess we are too used to looking at the relative position of the hands to tell time.

And wishing you health, wealth and happiness all year through, and of course much success.