Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sniper Attack!



There is definitely a down side to the traveling that I do...

As much as I thoroughly and completely enjoyed this most recent trip to Guatemala, I sometimes miss some momentous and important events in my own children's lives.

Such as yesterday.

As I was winging it back to the United States from Central America, my son was playing in a baseball game.

He hit a home run.

And as he was rounding the bases, he proceeded to trip over 1st base and fall flat on his face.

Understandable when you're, perhaps, 7-years old...but extremely embarrassing when you're 17 years old.

I told him I was very sorry to have missed it, and he said he was NOT sorry I missed it.

I replied, "Look at the bright side...if you were in the major leagues, this would have made the ESPN Bloopers. As it is, there's no photographic evidence of this ever happening."

But, oh, how I wish there was....as this would have been something I would have liked to have seen.

Peace.

After my son hit the dirt, his teammates ribbed him by yelling, "Sniper Attack!" Aren't his fellow players clever and funny?! Hence, the title of the blog....

Signature

1 comment:

Terri Steffes said...

That's what friends are for... to make us feel better when we goof up!