Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yaking in the Morning




There's something very calming when you are alone...on a lake...in the early morning hours...

...just me and my vessel of choice...

...a bright turquoise kayak...

...I love to hear the paddle dip into the water...the sounds of the water gently splashing and trickling...while the rest of the world sleeps, and there is quiet...

...there's something very empowering, knowing that it is me and my strength that powers this vessel and makes it glide smoothly across the glistening waters...

...and I love to interact with the birds of the lake as they have come to accept me as just another constant in the morning...

...the blue heron squawks as he takes flight...the buzzards circle around, perhaps hoping I'm their next meal...the ducks and the geese swim slowly by, enjoying the morning sunshine...

...my morning "yaking" is becoming my zen...what I look forward to before I begin each day...

...I am already dreading when the weather turns cold and the ice takes over the lake, which will prevent me from my morning ritual...

...but until that day comes, I eagerly awaken each day and conquer the lake, one stroke at a time....

Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

David said...

WOW! My cup of tea! And Mindy's too! We want to be there!

LDswims said...

Oh so jealous! I love yaking myself. I just wish I had more time...