Monday, November 1, 2010

A Halloween Haunting at my House



Alfred Hitchcock's spirit lives on.

I was sitting quietly by my window yesterday, watching some scary, spooky football on TV, when I noticed some "dark shadows" flying by the glass.

I looked out the window - and promptly freaked out.

THIS is what I saw:





Hundreds of birds had descended into my backyard - for what? I have no idea. It's not like I had been out there, throwing "trick-or-treat" birdseed to them...

And yet - they had obviously found the mother-lode of something delectable in the grass....



The fact that it was happening on Halloween, combined with one-too-many-viewings of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds", which totally freaks me out every time I see it, was a little too much for me.



I don't like mass groupings of birds. I don't trust them. I don't like them. It freaks. me. out.

I was running back and forth, alternating between taking photos (wanted to show the Hubs later when he got back home) and flapping my own arms in a mild hysteria, shrieking, "What are they DOING? What do they WANT? Get RID of them!!!"

So, my 17-year old son decided to be the Hitchcock Hero (although he could have been the Hitchcock Victim just as easily, so kudos to him for his bravery!) and went outside to shoo them away:



Is that just not...weird?

Bizarre.

Signature

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Holy Cow!!! Birds freak me out when there is only one. I wouldn't have left my house all day!!!

Oh...the spray tan I had done at Studio 500 in Lee's Summit. :)

Mental P Mama said...

LOL....you just have tasty and friendly bugs;)

Jenny said...

Yikes. I made myself re-watch that movie a few months ago...yikes!

Unknown said...

EWWW! That woulda made me crazy!!!