Thursday, January 13, 2011

Most Stylish!




I woke up this beautiful, frosty morning to find that I had won an award.

Isn't that exciting?! I love awards.

Yes, today I found out I won the following award:


And this was awarded to me by fellow-blogger Brett, over at BrettBootyByeBye - go check out her Very Stylish blog!

So, I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself, but that's rather difficult, as I don't have too many secrets left after blogging for the past 2 years.

You're all nodding your heads in agreement - stop that.

I've pretty much let it all hang out - for better or worse - and so what 7 possible things could I share with you right now?

EUREKA! I know!

I'll try to mix it up and tell you 7 things "RIGHT NOW" in my life - so, here goes.

1. The book I'm reading RIGHT NOW on my Kindle:
"Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things" - written by some psychology professors that is actually very interesting.


I like psychology books and the study of behavior, and because I've gotten hooked on the A&E's "Hoarders" - this book is explaining a lot of what I'm seeing on TV. Pretty weird stuff.

2. What I'm wearing RIGHT NOW:
I've got on my favorite pair of blue jeans, a soft green sweater, and my favorite slip-on shoes. This is pretty much a standard "stay-at-home" outfit for me, because it is SOOOOO comfortable. (Oh - I have a pair of Cuddle-Duds on under the jeans. Go ahead and laugh - but they're WARM!)

3. What I'm listening to RIGHT NOW:
Actually, complete silence. The kids have gone back to school today (Yay!), and I am enjoying the solitude and quiet. Every now and then a bird will come CRASHING into one of my windows - but that happens so often here at the lake that I don't even flinch any more when I hear it.

4. What I'm doing RIGHT NOW:
Well, other than the obvious (blogging!), I've got the dishwasher running, a load of laundry in the machine, and I'm getting set up to host a wild & wacky game of Bunko tonight here at the house. I've got hordes of women descending later this evening to have some food and fun, and until then, I have some food to prepare, a house to clean, and most importantly - the Margarita machine to get up and running. Priorities, you know.

5. What I'm looking forward to RIGHT NOW:
Besides looking forward to the Margaritas tonight (duh!), I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when I start my Culinary classes. I'm a little anxious, though, as well - which is usual when I start new things. I think it will be exciting, though, and I can't wait to start!

6. What I'm watching RIGHT NOW:
No TV today for me - too much to do. So, I've been watching the fog as it rolls across the lake this morning, and watching the birds as they clamor around the (almost-empty) feeder. If I didn't have 100 million things to accomplish today, I would be watching "Good Morning, America" at this time of the morning - as I've gotta' get my news & weather fix for my addiction.

7. What I'm most thankful for RIGHT NOW:
Everything. Really. I am so blessed. Good health, a great family - I am truly living the dream, and I recognize that and I appreciate it. However....

I am MOST thankful that after THREE snow days, the kids are FINALLY back in school today.

I know - I already mentioned that. But, I'm so THANKFUL!

Woot!

Now...I'm supposed to pass this on to 15 other bloggers...however, I could never pick or choose - and frankly, with Bunko here tonight, I just don't have the time. So - if you're reading this - then you are MOST definitely STYLISH in my book, and you can take the award for yourself!

Pass it on!

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Congrats on the award!!! I need to check out that book since I have the worst time understanding how someone could live as a hoarder. XOXO