Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm Here....



I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

Really. I haven't.

If you know me at all, you know that if I "disappear" from the blogging world, then it usually means I'm struggling with something.

I don't like blogging about my struggles...I'm not sure why; everyone has them, I think.

I've somewhat tried to keep the blog light-hearted - but that's difficult when you're struggling.

In this case, the struggles are with my health - and some lifestyle changes I have to do.

Have to. Ugh. Hate those words.

And lifestyle changes can suck. Especially if they're ones that brought enjoyment.

But I'll be fine. Really.

Diagnoses can be devastating...but they can also bring peace of mind when you finally....FINALLY...put a name to what has been bothering you for years.

And putting names to things brings you just that much closer to dealing with them...and understanding them...and eventually kicking their asses.

So...I've been off the blog the last few days as I develop my plan for kicking a diagnosis's ass.

Cuz' that's how I roll.

Peace.

Signature

3 comments:

Kathie said...

I have trouble making myself write when something is bothering me in a major way, not mundane stuff, like the computer acting wonky, but lately I am finding many bloggers telling uttermost secrets. Maybe it helps to get it out? Love the way you 'roll" however you do it!

LDswims said...

I hope everything is ok!

I understand wanting to keep the blog light and upbeat. But I also know that getting it out there (as you've read on mine) is truly liberating and really helps to deal with what's plaguing us. If people don't want to read it, that's absolutely fine. Read the good days and ignore the bad - sometimes it's what we have to do to protect our own mindsets. But life is up and down. So, for my blog to be real, it has to show the downs, too.

LuAnne Lizotte said...

it can be very therapeutic to write when you are down or as you say it "making a plan" I always look for you in the morning to see if you are going to start my day. I will continue that and be well.