Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh No, She Didn't??!!




Sunday, my parents came over for a visit.

They were asking how our Saturday evening had been, and Mom was especially interested in Kevin Bacon. Go figure.

Anyway, I told them how awesome Kevin's band had been, and how cute Kevin was, and I then said, "But you know...? It's funny... Kevin never really got his 'man body'....he's still just as skinny now as he was when he was a kid."

Mom looked pointedly at my Dad and said, "Hmmm....Sounds like someone else I know."

Oh, burn.

Yes, if you know my Dad, you would know that he is an itty-bitty guy who never really got his 'man body'.

But for my mom to point that out??!!

Ouch.

Good thing they've been married 50 years, huh?

Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

lacochran's evil twin said...

In high school, we used to talk about boys with "bird wings"--those guys that sort of had bird wing looking shoulder blades when viewed from the back and looked so bony in a young way. You know what I mean. You put it better.

FWIW, I've found no correlation between filling out and growing up.

Rosalind said...

you have an award waiting for you over at Hello Rosie