Monday, May 16, 2011

The Graduate



He graduated.

One huge sigh of relief for Mama.

Yesterday was graduation...we piled the family into the car and headed to a local auditorium for the ceremony.

The auditorium was in Missouri; our car was parked in Arkansas. But that's okay - I would have walked from New Jersey to insure that my son, actually did indeed, walk across the stage to receive his diploma.

Once we arrived at the auditorium, I think we were sitting in Oregon...look at how far away we are from the stage (in fact, we're in the very back row...):


But we quickly discovered there's an advantage to being in the very back row. There's a wall behind us that could easily be used as a head rest. Hee.

Not that we were ever resting our heads. No siree, Bob. We hung on very attentively as 427 graduates walked across the stage. Uh huh. Including my son, seen here:


At least I think that's him. Hard to tell when you're in the back row. This kid was tall like my son, so I took a chance figuring it was him. Odds were in my favor - not too many 6'4" graduates in the class.

And because my camera basically sucks, I went ahead and took a photo of the graduate at home. To document this momentous occasion forever.



So that we can believe that it really happened.

Whew.

Peace.

Signature

3 comments:

LDswims said...

Yay! Congratulations to your son and you!

Mental P Mama said...

W00t!!!

lacochran's evil twin said...

Mazel tov!!