Saturday, July 2, 2011

Empty Nest Syndrome? Ha.




Last night, we had a very rare moment in our house.

The moon must have been in the seventh house, whatever that means, and Jupiter must have aligned with Mars...

...and the boys were at their Dad's house...and Dear Daughter was at a sleepover...

...and Hubby and I looked at each other and realized...

...that... WE WERE ALONE.

(Insert dramatic music here)

After recovering from the initial shock that we found ourselves in after this realization, all sorts of lascivious and salacious thoughts starting running through our heads, as we discussed what we could do with our rare kid-free evening....

Watch an R-rated movie on TV???

Drink delicious alcohol-laden drinks with abandon????

Rip each other's clothes off and (gasp) chase each other through the house????

Nah.

We watched a Merchant Ivory movie and then fell promptly to sleep.

At 10:00 p.m.

So much for the best-laid plans.

As the kids have gotten older, I've been told that I should appreciate the moments that I still have with them, because when they're all gone and out of the house for good, I'll most likely suffer from "Empty Nest Syndrome."

.

.

.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor, where I fell over from laughing so hard.

Empty Nest Syndrome?

Not going to happen.

Remember...we are a family of 9...seven kids and two very-outnumbered and very-tired parents.

When - and if - I ever get to an empty nest, I will not be suffering.

I'll be celebrating.

And whether I choose to celebrate by watching R-rated movies, or drinking alcohol with abandon...or by going to sleep at the not-so-late hour of 10:00 p.m...

...It's going to be a little piece of heaven.

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on this. My youngest are both 17. I actually have a countdown counter on my OTHER blog to remind me how long it is until they turn 18. They're excited about getting out on their own. I'm excited about being out on MY own.