Friday, October 7, 2011

An Apple A Day...



My introduction to the wonderful, wizardly world of Apple began with my first iPod.

How amazingly cool was it to have thousands of songs all contained in this itty, bitty box....? I had never seen anything like it before, and I was instantly hooked.

The iPod proved to be wonderfully adept, compact and reliable...traveling with me as I sat on airplanes, soothing me to sleep when visiting worlds abroad, and pounding out a beat as I jogged down the street.

It wasn't long before I was buying more things labeled "Apple."

Next in my collection came the iTouch...however, the iTouch wasn't quite enough, soon leading me to go "all-out" with the iPhone.

"There's an ap for that" became part of my everyday lexicon...and there's a weird sense of fun when exploring new applications...Angry Birds, anyone?

My first Mac laptop was purchased about 5 years ago, and it still runs perfectly, although it has now been passed down to my daughter. I received a new and improved Mac for my birthday this past summer, and it is a thing of beauty, indeed.

And it wasn't long after the iPad was introduced that it, too, became part of my Apple collection. The iPad is a wonderful tool to take while traveling - it has served its purpose very well, being able to read, play and communicate while traveling, and not having to lug my laptop with me.

And iTunes? I live there. There's not too many days where I am not visiting iTunes and searching for some new music to add to one of my millions of Playlists.


Just a few of my "Apples" in my collection....

The old adage, "An Apple a day...." takes on new meaning when there's not a day that goes by that I am not touching, using or utilizing an Apple product.

The fact that I can remember a world when there weren't "i-words" in our vocabulary dates me...as my kids have never known such a world.

RIP, Steve Jobs...you once said that you made products that YOU wanted...and it appears that the rest of us wanted them, too. Or at least me.

Peace.

Signature

2 comments:

LuAnne Lizotte said...

He would have loved your eulogy. Very nice.homc

Mental P Mama said...

He was an amazing man.