Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Feet? No - Happy Wheels!

I would be the first to tell you that I think feet are some of the ugliest things that God ever created.

No, really. Seriously. Feet are ugly. Gnarly. Yucky.

Apparently, someone else thought so, too, because at some point, someone invented shoes, in order to hide all of the ugly feet in the world. And thank God for THAT.

However, with that said, I certainly appreciate what feet do for us, which allow us to get from Point A to Point B.

But that may soon change.

This morning, I rode a Segway for the first time in my life...one of those two-wheeled thingies that lets you get from Point A to Point B - and it was pretty freaking AWESOME.


I'm looking pretty happy, if I do say so myself...

I was a little nervous, at first...It's all about the balance, and pushing your toes down to go fast and pushing your heel down to slow up...tilting the handle bars to turn...and praying to God that you don't crash and burn.

Which is exactly what some woman did right in front of me, as I was preparing to hop on mine. When that lady hit the deck, I was about ready to turn around and walk away, without ever giving it a try.

But I pushed through my nervousness and apprehension and certainty that, being the most uncoordinated person in the world, I would be the second person to crash and burn myself, injuring not only myself, but probably a few innocent bystanders, as well.

And other than a crazy, obviously-suicidal squirrel that ran right in front of me and just about got PLOWED - there were no casualties.

I've decided that I want to turn my feet in and trade them in for wheels, because at certain points today, I felt like I was flying....

Yup - give me wings or wheels, and you can have my ugly feet.

Peace.

*I did the "Segway Around the World" tour at Epcot in Disney World this morning...I would give it 5 stars! My only complaint? NOT LONG ENOUGH! Hee.

Signature

3 comments:

Savannah, Chloe, & Tyler said...

I've always thought those would be fun to ride on, now I know for sure. I know I would crash and burn in these mountains however, so one is not in the picture for me. :)

Mental P Mama said...

You win the bravery medal. For the year.

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

I'd like to give one a whirl!!!!

Lois