Thursday, September 20, 2012

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Candles!!!






So...I gave Hubby a good laugh this morning....

It seems I do that alot...amuse him, that is. Certainly not intentionally...but every now and then I'll say or do something that he finds hysterically funny.

It began innocently enough....

Hubby participates in our local Investment Club, a monthly gathering in our neighborhood of men who like to dabble in the stock market. They gather in someone's home to discuss the ups and downs of all things NASDAQ and Dow, which sounds SO thrilling and exciting. Not. Oh, and they eat desserts, as well, as Hubby quickly reminds me. If he thinks that makes it sound any better, it does not. It still sounds dull.

Anywho, it's Hubby's turn to host this little soiree, and he's been in a tither trying to make sure that we have the house clean, the desserts and drinks bought, and the beer iced down. And when I say "we" - I mean me. As in moi.

I don't mind setting up for a party, as I LOVE to entertain, in all honesty. This passion began way back in college when I was tricked into becoming the Social Chairman of my sorority my freshman year - and it was either learn how to swim or sink. I learned. And it's paid off, as I love to throw little bashes all year long. I love to plan all aspects of the gathering...the food, the drinks, the decorations, the music, the ambience...it's a stage that I get to direct...and it's a passion to do it right and to do it well. I have a reputation to uphold, after all.

Tonight, though, I'm in a bit of a quandry...as I have ANOTHER bash I'm throwing. Tonight's the annual picnic that our local American Red Cross chapter holds for our volunteers, and I'm kinda', sorta', in charge of getting it all set up. For fifty people. Hmmm...can't be in two places at once, so I did the best I could.

I tried to do as much as possible at home this morning, before leaving to come into the ARC office, where I'll be for the rest of the evening, getting THIS bash set up.

I called Hubby at his office this morning to lay out the plan:

"Okay...I've got the house cleaned...the ice cooler and beer cooler are set out...plates and napkins for the pies are set out...it's all ready to go," I said.

"AWESOME!" Hubby said.

I then added, "All you have to do when you get home is set the drinks out, and then light the candles."

Complete silence on Hubby's part.

And then...."BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! CANDLES???!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

I thought he was going to have a coronary, he was laughing so hard.

Oh. Silly me.

Stock Market Investor Guys don't NEED no stinkin' candles at their monthly gathering.

An innocent "Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus" moment, in my defense.

So. No candles at the party tonight. Duly noted.

Peace.

Signature

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

Candles might have made it seem less boring...

Cute story.