Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Feeling the Love




I returned home from my two-week deployment to Colorado last Thursday, and it's been a non-stop whirlwind ever since.

All those things that I kinda, sorta, shoved off my schedule for two weeks so I could head off with the Red Cross - kinda, sorta showed back up on my calendar and now needed immediate attention.

Gah.

Eye doctor appointments, haircuts, birthday parties, laundry, grocery shopping - all piled up and waiting impatiently for my return.

If I had ever even imagined, for one moment, that my family didn't need me while I was out "saving the world," that thought was quickly extinguished the minute I landed at the airport.

Hubby is waiting for his shirts to go to the dry cleaner, the laundry to be completed, the bills to be paid, the groceries to be bought, the house to be organized - and so, I feel needed.

Daughter is waiting for help with her Algebra homework, her medications to be refilled, and fashion assistance with her middle-school wardrobe...and so, I feel needed.

Youngest son is waiting for someone to talk with about how awesome the Chiefs are playing, as well as waiting for advice with his job...and so, I feel needed.

Oldest son, who is away at college, is waiting to see if he can bring his girlfriend home for the weekend, and so, I feel needed.

The cats and the dog are waiting for much-needed attention and an additional lap for napping, and so, I feel needed.

In some ways, these things are comforting, as well as reassuring; and although I might be making a difference to someone's life in Colorado, I might also be making a difference at home - as a wife, as a mom, as a friend, or as a daughter.

And that is a good thing.

So...for all those moms out there...don't ever sell yourself short. You are needed.

Peace.

Signature

No comments: