Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sinus Surgery: Six Months Later


**


Has it really been six months since I fell into the depths of flaming Hell and prayed for death to relieve me from the God-awful pain had sinus surgery??

Wow. How time flies, huh?

Anyway. I thought I would post an update - six months out - on how things are going, just in case any of my dear readers are pondering sinus surgery themselves.

Here's the bottom line:

HAVING SINUS SURGERY WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER.

Seriously.

Now...if you'd asked me my opinion just a few short days after the surgery, I would have cursed you and then thrown you off a bridge - but I blame the post-surgery medication for that.

99% of my post-surgery side effects are gone...with the exception of having a tiny-bit different "voice" inside my head. Yes, I "hear" myself differently on the inside, which drives me a bit batty, as it's NOT the voice I'm used to hearing after 50+ years. But, I've been gradually getting used to this new voice, so that, too, shall pass.

Having that different "voice" has totally rendered me tone deaf. Not that I could sing before, but now? Forget about it. The "voice" that I "think" I have is not the voice that I have, so I am pretty much screwed when I try to find the correct note to sing along with. Gah. I think it's rather funny myself, but it kinda', sorta', drives my Daughter insane when I screech along with the radio in the car. Bwahahahahahaha.

Anyway.

Everything else is not only back to normal - but SOOOOOOOOOO improved from before.

It was tested while I was in Colorado, as I woke up one morning with a bit of a head cold. Taking a decongestant, I was amazed - AMAZED, I tell you - when the decongestant actually decongested - it WORKED - and the pressure in my head disappeared within hours.

THAT HAD NOT HAPPENED IN YEARS!!!!!!

(Remember? My sinus cavities were completely blocked, so there was no where for fluid to drain - or "decongest" - after taking such medicine. The surgery cured this. Woot!)

Another benefit, besides not having the continual pressure in my head, has been a MIRACULOUS change in my breathing while sleeping. As in, I can actually breathe! Little did I know that I was struggling for air before - my lungs were working OVERTIME in trying to suck air into my body - but now, with little effort, oxygen flows and I am sleeping in a continual state of bliss.

I CAN BREATHE!!!!!!

So...bottom line...regardless of the post-surgery pain and discomfort, and regardless of some of the weird post-surgery side effects, I absolutely, unequivocally, have NO regrets in having the surgery.

Okay. Wait. Maybe ONE regret...as in, I wish I'd had it twenty years sooner....

Peace.

**Image from HERE

Signature

No comments: