Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Dusting Off the Typewriter





Contrary to what you may believe, I did NOT drop off the face of the earth.

(Which is a pretty strange expression, if you ask me…I mean, really? Can someone truly DROP OFF the face of the earth???!! Doesn't that defy the law of, I don't know, GRAVITY??!!)

I am alive.

Very much so.

And I've been having lots and lots of adventures over the past year.

Very much so.

In fact, that's the problem. I've been so busy living life and having adventures that it has left very little time to sit down and write about them.

Gah.

Oh, I'll compose GREAT blogs in my head, particularly after an amazing adventure, coming up with all sorts of creative and clever descriptions that I just KNOW are so epic that we're talking Pulitzer Prize stuff - ha ha - but then life moves by so fast, and before I know it, time has passed and nothing was written down.

Sigh.

I'm going to try to change that.

I can't promise EPIC stuff, or even Pulitzer Prize-worthy stuff, but I promise to do my best in recounting some of the crazy stuff running through my head. (Which sounds scary when put like that, but it is what it is.)

A lot of stuff is about running, because let's face it, that comprises a big part of my life at the moment. Some times it goes well, and some times, well…let's just say that all I can do is laugh about it later. It can be rather sad, at times.

A lot of stuff is about travel, because that, too, comprises a big part of my life. Besides future trips planned, I need to go back and reminisce about previous trips in the past year that got NO MENTION or ATTENTION, which is sad, really, because there's some epic stories there.

A lot of stuff is just about life in general…being a wife, a mom, a friend…someone who is still grieving the loss of her father, and all that that entails…and is dealing with growing older physically but refusing to grow up mentally and emotionally, no matter what the wrinkled face in the mirror may show.

So yeah…we'll see how this goes.

Bear with me…be patient…and we'll crank up the old typewriter and see if the creative writer juices start flowing, once again.

Peace.


Signature

No comments: